Thursday, October 30, 2008

It has been a while since my last blog. Some of my students are off to a great start. Others are having difficulty getting a game foundation.

This is my second year with Game Design and I am experimenting with a different approach. I now have Game 1 and Game 2 students. It seems to be a little more complicated keeping both groups motivated since they are at different levels.

My Game 2 students are often called on to help Game 1 students with difficult assignments.

4 comments:

Lee Kraus said...

It is great to see you posting to your blog Randy. It is also good that the students are helping each other out.

Patrick said...

It is nice that you have the ability to all students to work at mentors in class. I wish the college environment allowed that more. If your students are still stuck on game ideas, have them look at other school's wikis for inspiration.
Feel free to post back to my blog or email.

P.S. I emailed your hotmail account with some info :-)

Cindy said...

Randy, I love that you are having both classes at once. I really believe that in today's 21st century, that students can be responsible for their learning and you are the guide. Globaloria is set up in such a way that they could be absorbed in lessons for many, many semesters. The students will not always be on the same level, they will grow and learn as they want. Of course, you are great a motivating them and helping them see the benefits of working hard.

Patrick said...

Randy, definitely check out Reed's page over at SVHS on he made Brian's presentation into a spaced invaders type game.
http://www.myglife.org/usa/wv/svhswiki/index.php/Makingofthebunnydefender
This is something you could show your students to get them excited!